St John The Baptist covers the parish of Little Somerford and is part of the Woodbridge Group of Churches.
The church is at the centre of popular community events such as the church Fete, Harvest Auction and Christmas Fayre. Key services within the Christian calendar, such as Easter, Harvest and Christmas, see the church packed to the rafters.
The church lies close to the original centre of the village, and is a structurally undivided chancel and nave with a south porch and a west tower. Box pews were installed in the 17th Century, but were later cut down into the benches that remain today. The chancel is internally separated from the nave by a carved wooden screen below a 15th Century tympanum showing the Ten Commandments flanked by angels. The painting was only revealed in 1983, during conservation work on an Elizabethan Coat of Arms that had covered it. A fine early 20th Century pipe organ remains in regular use. In March 2010, after nearly a century of silence, an electronic timing control and electric striker were installed in the tower to sound the hours on the big 1752 bell.
The church is led by the Reverend Steve Wilkinson, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org