NOTICE OF ELECTION – Wiltshire Council – Election of Parish Councillors
1. Elections are to be held for the areas listed on the attached document
2. Nomination papers can be obtained from the Returning Officer as follows: https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/media/5016 and further information is available from The Electoral Commission website at:http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-oragent/parish-council-elections-england
or from the Main Reception at Council Offices, Monkton Park, Chippenham SN15 1ER
or by telephoning Wiltshire Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112
3. Nomination papers must be hand delivered to the Returning Officer or his appointed staff at The Main Reception, Council Offices, Wiltshire Council, Monkton Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN15 1ER between 10am and 4pm on any working day (excluding Good Friday 2 April 2021 and Easter Monday 5 April 2021) from and including Friday 12 March 2021 but no later than 4pm on Thursday 8 April 2021. Please go to main reception and ask for Electoral Services.
4. Please make an appointment to submit your nomination papers by using the online booking system:
https://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/elections-town-parish or by phoning Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112.
5. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021.
6. Applications to register to vote must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 19 April 2021. Applications can be made online: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
7. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021.
8. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
9. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of disability or for work/service reasons must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday 6 May 2021. The disability must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.